The new Oceanic OCS vs. the Geo 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OCS has the Dot matrix interface like the VT4 or OC1. What that means is that it is much easier to use. You just have to scroll up or down and select. You don't have to do the button hold for 4 seconds and then hold again for 2 seconds like you do for the GEO 2.0. The other thing that is really cool about it is that it has a digital compass. This is a full tilt compass so you don't have to have it level, you can be at 90 degrees and still read accurate. The rest of the functions and what it does are teh same. I really like the OCS for the digital compass and ease of use. We sell is for $669.95 on our site which is Oceanic Computers, Oceanic, OCS Computers Masks, Fins, BCD's, Regulators, Computers, Flash Lights, Cases, Boxes, Wet Suits, Dry Suits, Log Books, Cameras, Defog, Slap Straps, DPV, Snorkles, Tanks, Cylinders, Watches, Knives, Hats, Stickers, Gear Keep. You can call 281-240-3483 or email Tim@sugarlandscuba.com for anymore information.

I bought a Geo 2.0 this past year and dive with it constantly. It performs very well and the size of the digits is a great improvement over my Suunto Mosquito. It wears nicely as a regular watch - something which some of the other models fail at due to their size. It took me a while to discover that you cannot set the Nitrox mix more than a couple hours in advance of your first dive or the Geo 2.0 reverts to "air". The manual is a pitiful document but the online tutorial does a pretty nice job of teaching all the features and settings. It would be nice to have the electronic compass and the nicer fonts like the OCS but the price is a bit high for a dive computer which does nothing very different than the Geo 2.0 and which does not even have a wireless capability. My guess is that the market place will not be jumping at the current pricing and the OCS will eventually be on sale for just under $500. At that price, the improvements in font, electronic compass, etc. might be worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom