The Philippines is open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to be doing some underwater photography with Anilao Photo Academy! Hopefully working on getting better at macro focus, diopter use, snooting, and composition.

I'm really excited to be getting out there before it's full of tourists.

one critter to look out for is the Bobbit Worm. Not my photo it is from a photographer I converse with from time to time. I am hoping to dive with her in the future. Lynn Funkhouser – Small Exotic Animal

BOBBIT WORM.jpg

I have a "smart card" from my pharmacy, but I need an internet connection to show it and I haven't figured out a way to store it. UGH

Can't you call it up now and screen shot it?

The RT-PCR test must be taken within 48hrs prior to departure from the country of origin.
1. You need to find out how long would it take to get the result.
2. Time required to travel from Cleveland to somewhere to board the plane bound to Philippines directly.
3. If the plane requires to transit in a 3rd country, you need to find out if the waiting time is included in the 48hrs period.

You can have the test done first and then start to travel to the airport for your departure to Philippines. Hopefully you will receive the result by e-mail and is -ve.
About time to find out if you have any friend in LA, NY or SAN so you can have the test done there. All these three cities have direct flight to MNL.

Good luck
Oh shoot! I'm flying through Guam. And I have a 6 am flight on a Wednesday. If I schedule a 4 pm PCR test on Tuesday, that will be 7 am on Wednesday in Guam. The flight leaves from Guam at 7:30 pm on Thursday. Which I think is 36.5 hours. I assumed first departure.

Oh shoot! I'm flying through Guam. And I have a 6 am flight on a Wednesday. If I schedule a 4 pm PCR test on Tuesday, that will be 7 am on Wednesday. The flight leaves from Guam at 7:30 pm on Thursday. Which I think is 36.5 hours. I assumed first departure.
What happens if the flight is delayed or I misconnect?

What happens if the flight is delayed or I misconnect?
I do believe that Centrals is incorrect! Here is an exact "cut-and-paste" of Philippines IATF Resolution 160-B, -

" e. Present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding layovers; provided, that, he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over;"

Note: "origin/first port of embarkation".

Here is the link to the complete resolution if you need some light reading :) https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2022/02feb/20220203-RESO-160B-RRD.pdf

Here are two handy links that can really help you out for determining the facts when traveling to another country. In both cases, you just enter the country you are planning on going to and it will give you the factual information. This is a much more reliable source than forums, blogs and facebook. I find the IATA site to be the easiest to read and it is updated daily. The IATA (International Air Transport Association) is the trade association for the world's airlines. It does not get much better than this for information.

Hope to see you diving soon! Our staff is ready to take good care of you. The weather, vis and seas are outstanding this time of year.

Marty, Irene, Ed, Wilson.jpg

" e. Present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding layovers; provided, that, he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over;"

Note: "origin/first port of embarkation".

That's important in the event the flight gets delayed or there is a long layover. We had a 8 hour layover in Istanbul once (pre-covid) and took advantage of Turkish Airlines free city tours which would have violated the above clause. So as long as test requirements are in place, best to not wander off the airport like that and if flight gets canceled til next day you might be looking for an airport bench to sleep on.

Here are two handy links that can really help you out for determining the facts when traveling to another country. In both cases, you just enter the country you are planning on going to and it will give you the factual information. This is a much more reliable source than forums, blogs and facebook. I find the IATA site to be the easiest to read and it is updated daily. The IATA (International Air Transport Association) is the trade association for the world's airlines. It does not get much better than this for information.

Hope to see you diving soon! Our staff is ready to take good care of you. The weather, vis and seas are outstanding this time of year.

View attachment 708776
Thanks. I found the language about departure from country of origin on the Philippines Airlines website. The IATA language is also the same as on the Philippine Consulate in San Francisco. So, I suppose I'm OK. There are so many requirements with so much fine print. I'm hoping by the time I leave in May, things will have cleared up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom