The process begins again.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Baldwin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Donna started putting the stuff in the living room. Getting the bags out and figuring out what will fit. I just bought a new commercial paint sprayer this morning. Got to break it down a little to make it fit in my biggest bag. Weigh everything at least three times. I hate getting hit with an overwieght charge. Heading down Nov. 19th - 27th.

A friend of ours just had a baby so we're taking a giant bag of diapers something like 300. One of those super compressed bags from Sams and some new baby clothes. A bag full of paperback takes up another bag. Luickly what few clothes we need will fit in a carryon.

And we're actually taking scuba stuff on a dive trip. A new Halycon SMB, 55 sets of Viton rebuilt kits for tank valves, a couple of new O2 sensors, three new dive computers. I think I'm turning into a dive salesman. But that's the fun in getting parts and pieces together for friends. Luckily our dive gear and camera are already there.

Looking forward to diving with SubaGlenn,and meeting Scubasherry and Nate.
If anyone else is down during this time we would love to share a coca lite or meet up eat a good meal and swap stories.

Dang it, things are still up in the air for a timetable so can't commit to a trip right now. :banghead:

Tell your friend congrats. on the new baby!

Umm, when I do get down there can I borrow your car? :D

sealskin98:
Dang it, things are still up in the air for a timetable so can't commit to a trip right now. :banghead:

Tell your friend congrats. on the new baby!

Umm, when I do get down there can I borrow your car? :D
Not a problem, the car is yours. I'm sorry that we missed you and your buddy this summer.

Jim Baldwin:
Donna started putting the stuff in the living room. Getting the bags out and figuring out what will fit. I just bought a new commercial paint sprayer this morning. Got to break it down a little to make it fit in my biggest bag. Weigh everything at least three times. I hate getting hit with an overwieght charge. Heading down Nov. 19th - 27th.

A friend of ours just had a baby so we're taking a giant bag of diapers something like 300. One of those super compressed bags from Sams and some new baby clothes. A bag full of paperback takes up another bag. Luickly what few clothes we need will fit in a carryon.

And we're actually taking scuba stuff on a dive trip. A new Halycon SMB, 55 sets of Viton rebuilt kits for tank valves, a couple of new O2 sensors, three new dive computers. I think I'm turning into a dive salesman. But that's the fun in getting parts and pieces together for friends. Luckily our dive gear and camera are already there.

If anyone else is down during this time we would love to share a coca lite or meet up eat a good meal and swap stories.

Have a GREAT trip Jim, and say hi to Donna for me. We'll miss you by about a week. We'll be in Cozumel Dec 4-11, then heading over to Akumal from the 11th to the 18th.

So, with all that SCUBA stuff, sure hope you don't get the red light or you'll have to rethink what you've filled out on your customs card. :crafty:

We got a couple pics of the new proud papa and baby. She is a cutey.

Safe travels and safe diving!

scubawife:
Have a GREAT trip Jim, and say hi to Donna for me. We'll miss you by about a week. We'll be in Cozumel Dec 4-11, then heading over to Akumal from the 11th to the 18th.

So, with all that SCUBA stuff, sure hope you don't get the red light or you'll have to rethink what you've filled out on your customs card. :crafty:

We got a couple pics of the new proud papa and baby. She is a cutey.

Safe travels and safe diving!

I doubt the customs folks will believe me if I tell them that I'm just a safe diver and that as an Eagle Scout I believe in being really prepared. Yes I need three backup computers and I have a fear that my multiple O2 sensors could go out and I carry lots of o-rings just in case I have blow out. Who knows maybe our luck will hold. In all our trips we have never drawn a red light but just in case I will pack a few bills.

Jim Baldwin:
I doubt the customs folks will believe me if I tell them that I'm just a safe diver and that as an Eagle Scout I believe in being really prepared. Yes I need three backup computers and I have a fear that my multiple O2 sensors could go out and I carry lots of o-rings just in case I have blow out. Who knows maybe our luck will hold. In all our trips we have never drawn a red light but just in case I will pack a few bills.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your luck holds out. We've made multiple trips annually since about '90 and no red lights yet.

You could always just tell them you have a large extended family who all store their dive gear at your house. It's hard to get the parts and equipment you trust in Cozumel, so you are just stocking your Save-A-Dive locker.

Jim Baldwin:
Looking forward to meeting ya'll also! Anyone interested in meeting for dinner Saturday the 25? Or maybe Sunday the 26th? My vote goes for Especias! :D

Back
Top Bottom