The Shark Trust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy Hakin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

First message ever sent from me, I am the Managing Director of the Shark Trust, established in 1997 based in the UK. We are one of the most well respected conservation organisations dedicated to sharks, skates and rays in the world.

Divers are our eyes under the oceans, and as a keen but lapsed diver I know what it is like to witness these amazing, misunderstood animals in their natural habitat. The problem is that overfishing and senseless targetting for fins and so called medicinal benefits e.g. manta gill rakers are decimating populations around the world. One quarter of known species are now listed as in danger of extinction.

I would just like to ask all who read this post to pass it on, so that we can attract as much support as possible to help us to continue fighting for these creatures and healthy oceans. We need people to adopt, donate, become members, "like" us on FaceBook, follow us on Twitter etc

visit us please, to see what we do and why

The Shark Trust - Home

Go well

Roy

Back
Top Bottom