The Sunpak is dead, again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
God bless Sunpak, they've replaced my G-flash twice now under warranty, but darned if the new one didn't quit too. I think I've got about 10 dives on it. First I couldn't get proper sync-the light would flash, but on either preflash or regular, I'd get no light on the picture. I tried about 10 shots in a row on both settings in the mirror, and it flashed 3 times, with only one in sync. Then it gave up entirely. The on light goes on, but the flash doesn't work, even on the turn-off/test flash setting. Thankfully my wife is making noises about a second YS-110 and a double sync-cord for my birthday. I don't know if I'll even bother returning this one to Sunpak.

Are you sure you're doing it right!:D Hey Larry. Sorry to hear about your strobe issues. Well I've not heard anything back about the meeting but I think its going to happen the 15th - 17th. That's a Tuesday - Thursday. Anyway, I just bought the YS27...I'll let you know how that goes. I think my future rig is going to have the YS110 on oneside and the YS27 on the other.

Later,
Gary

Back
Top Bottom