The Ten Commandments Of Dog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10. Go with me on difficult journeys.Never say, "I can't bear to watch it ." or " Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.
Wow that about made me cry in the computer lab. :( My dog back at home is probably ~15-16, possibly older. I know in the back of my head he probably won't last much longer, but it isn't something I want to think about. Knowing I won't be there for him really sucks.

I haven't had a dog since I moved off to college 3.5 years ago. Couldn't have any the first two years since I lived in the dorms, and my current apartment complex doesn't allow pets. Made me really miss my dog at home...
Thankfully he has my parents and 4 cats to play with. :)

Amen, Matt! :thumb:

SparticleBrane, I'm sorry... That's tough, man...

I try to make up for it by petting dogs I see on campus. Someone brings a dog walking around, I go and make a new friend real quick. :D

Good Prayer:

"Lord, help me be the man my dog thinks I am"

i heard a variation:

i wish i was half the man my dog thinks i am

We just picked up our puppy yesterday, 8 weeks old Jack Russell, we named Alvin...
Our last dog was a Lab, she was fourteen when we had to have her put down... 2 years ago.
Without a doubt the toughest thing I ever did, yep both me & my daughter were with her... Cocoa you are still missed...

Congrats on your new companion!! Condolences on Cocoa's passing...

An Epitaph for a Dog..."Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity and all the Virtues of Man without his Vices."

Ok.. This whole thing is making me cry. We had our dog, Spunky, the whole time I was growing up... She was a malamute golden retriever mix, and the biggest ball of white fluff you've ever seen. We had to put her down my senior year in high school and I miss her SO much, still. She grew up with me, and I was there with her every day.. with the exception of one 5 day trip to Mexico and my Senior Trip to Washington DC, I never missed a night of "tucking her in." I held her... all 150 lbs of her, when we had to put her down, and Im so glad that I could be there for her, I know it made it easier on her. She was so arthritic and had a heart problem, she was almost 17 when we had to do it. Ok.. now that Ive had my "I miss my baby girl" cry for the year, Im good to go.

Frank, hows your baby? I havent seen new pictures lately!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom