The truth about gasket grease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afaik, there are a zillion grades of krytox ranging from high vacuum pump oil to greases for steam turbines.
For scuba it seems that GPL 205 is the one; but there are so many others that might work I am confused (and I do this type of stuff for my day job).
In my hands at least for SCUBA (not implantable medical things) I think that Tribolube/Christolube/Krytox 205 are all interchangeable.

BVA

I am grateful for this thread for a twofold reason.

I dislike blindly following a recommendation without knowledge. And secondly, I dislike overpaying significantly for a product who's sole purpose is to soothe my ignorance based fears.

I've been using offbrand Christolube (ebay, thanks to SB, sorry whoever it was specifically) on my regs, rebreathers, cameras and strobes for a year now. No swollen gaskets and no earth shattering kabooms.

Regards,
Cameron

Back
Top Bottom