the uk tribal pak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yellowperil

Reaction score
i'm looking to buy the underwater kinetics tribal pak and i've been to the ldss in the area(monterey, ca) and the all wat around 380 for it but i'm seen it online for as low as 200. now beyond waiting for the lights what are the pros and cons of buying online. i assume that warranties and such will probably come into play.

steve

I bought the said tribal pak online from a lighting supplier who have nothing to do with diving. They are an authorised dealer for UK products, and it's covered by warranty. Ask Underwater Kinetics their policy.

Scubaroo:
I bought the said tribal pak online from a lighting supplier who have nothing to do with diving. They are an authorised dealer for UK products, and it's covered by warranty. Ask Underwater Kinetics their policy.

what supplier was this?

steve

i was thinking about it doing that but i sent a message to the guy who post on here from scuba toys and asked him about the warranty and he never replied so i just went out and bought the light cannon locally... everyone i asked about warranties who sold the tribal pak online never replied

Dear

I am wondering what items are exactly included?
Based on my reserach,
LP and Divers-supply describe:

“Light Cannon 100 HID, Mini Q40 Light, Blue Tang Titanium Knife, Pistol & Lantern Grips, Wide Angle Filter, Wrist Lanyard”

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=ItemDisplay&ProductID=UKTTPYL&ItemIndex=27&CategoryID=972&Context=965&Sort=Price&Filter=1=299

http://www.divers-supply.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=UWK523&UnitCde=1&Desc=UK%20TRIBAL%20LIGHT%20PAK&VendorDesc=&Search=N

How about the rubber strap for the knife?

Please let me have the inforamtion if you have this set.

Thanks in advance,
hoosier

yes, the knife DOES include rubber straps.

other than that, your list appears complete, Hoosier.

(the wide angle filter is merely a piece of plastic that adheres to the INside of the lens and diffuses the beam a little... I'd rather see an EXternal diffuser that could be removed "on the fly")

Otherwise, I've had no problems with the light cannon ... I discovered that you get very little warning when the batteries die though... it goes from very bright (normal) to off in a minute or two. On the up-side, one set of batteries is good for about 6 hours of run time... pretty good considering the amount of light it puts out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom