The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to buy the whole series starting in 1968 (?) but am a little unsure about getting the real deal ordering from Amazon. I wrote the seller but am curious about why there aren't more options out there. One of my favorite things ever growing up was watching this show.

The television series

GREAT NEWS! Dailymotion.com which appears to be a French version of YouTube seems to have many (don't know if it's most or even all) of the series!!! Here's one below but others show up on the side screen.

I have watched many episodes online, but mentioning it gets them pulled on copyright grounds. If you want the real deal, I would ask the seller if they can send a picture of the collection, check their ratings, etc... It may not be available commercially. I did a quick check, I saw laser disks, but not CD orDVD. The C. Odyssey is available.

Last edited:
Thanks, CT-RIch

I purchased the series several years ago while in Europe. It is awesome, just like you may remember from the 60s - 70s. The DVDs have several language options, so you can listen in your language of preference. Rod Serling is the narrator in the American English language option.

I bought the whole series on new dvd from AmazonUK a couple of years ago. You just need to change the format on the player. I bought a separate new dvd player for $40 and used the codes to change the format on that player. The codes are readily, legally available. Was just watching a few of the shows last night and brought back many memories. I watch Sea Hunt on the other dvd player. Life is good.

there is limited number of times the players can be switched back and forth. The different codes are designed to prevent pirating movies in one region and sending them to another. It may have been changed or it may have been hacked, but that was the concern when my kids were young and relatives would send stuff from Europe to the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom