The water was still cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
first off thanks for the previous remarks

On my dive this weekend I actually took my instructor out to help me get over fears I thought I had. Well as we were getting ready to go down John started giving me a pep talk and mentioned that I would be safe and that did it, I realized at that moment in time I had no fear or lack of confidence it was just the loneliness that I was feeling for the recent loss of my mother, whom passed away very sudden and unexpectedly on February 9th, knowing of my recently acquired passion for diving, paid for my life support systems, Reg and DC. I so wanted her to see her newly certified son in person with her dive gear on but in person is impossible now. so today was another aborted dive but had a good cry. I need to wait a while before diving again.

fishing during surface time

The cry was good, and take your time....but also know, that your Mother was there and saw you in person with all the gear on. She was there, gently holding your hand. Next dive, dedicate it to her, tell her you are taking her with you to explore. She will be there. My Dad is...I take him with me on each dive. He is my special guardian angel and I love showing him things he did not get the chance to see while living. ages

I really believe that part of enjoying diving is getting comfortable with yourself. Sounds like you've been doing just that.

So sorry about your mother.
I think what ages said makes a lot of sense. Since being underwater is a whole new world to be in, it's almost like a private place you can enjoy your mom in all over again.
I bet she can freely go down there with you, and would enjoy seeing you enjoy yourself!
Give it another try. And remember we're all here to listen.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom