Theme 24 - 30 July: SHARKS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah i will be around. Let me know about what time your flight comes in and lets see if we can get together.

scubajunkee:
I should have some shark pics after my trip to the Bahamas starting this friday (July 29th)!

Ericson

Argh, you... you...

Can't wait to hear about it! Even if I will pretend you're secretly jealous that I'm diving Lobos this weekend. The Bahamas can't match that... 20 glorious feet of vis, water temperature a balmy 50 degrees... paradise.

:wink:

I haven't been online much of this week. I wish I had seen this thread earlier!

This blue shark encounter took place about 60 miles off the coast of Rhode Island. It was taken in July, 1997. During the first dive we spent most of the time in the cage with the door open. That was until a 6 foot (2 meter) shark got in with us. Nothing is scarier than being in a closed place with a wild animal that wants to get out. This photo was on the second dive. I used a Nikonos 15 and filled the whole frame.

nice thread to revisit. i've had the pleasure of doing a few shark dives and have loved every one of them. Still haven't done the trip to Guadalupe, but soon. Last november, i was out on a blue shark dive where we were able to swim in the open ocean with about 7 blues swimming amongst us. They are beautiful and very curious sharks and will swim up to within a foot or so of you before turning away. My wife and I are returning this novemeber with the shark diver blue shark trip which is only 8 people as opposed to the 16 we had on aquatica. Anyway, here are a couple of shots i took from last years trip and a shot or 2 from palau earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom