Things that sound dirty in Diving, but aren't

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a hot summer day and I had just dropped off my regs following a dive because there was some leakage into the gauge cluster. The dive shop owner told me to come back in an hour, so I took a walk into town, and found an ice cream shop. As I ate my vanilla ice cream cone and walked along the pier admiring the various sea life, I realized in disdain that I had forgotten to grab some napkins and the ice cream was melting faster than I could lick it, and it was becoming a sticky mess.

Since it was almost time to pick up my regs, I went directly to the shop, figuring I could wash up there. I walked in and the dive shop owner was focused on my partially disassembled gauges in front of him. When he heard me come in, he looked up, and said "You blew a seal".

I said "Nope, it's just vanilla ice cream that melted".

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a hot summer day and I had just dropped off my regs following a dive because there was some leakage into the gauge cluster. The dive shop owner told me to come back in an hour, so I took a walk into town, and found an ice cream shop. As I ate my vanilla ice cream cone and walked along the pier admiring the various sea life, I realized in disdain that I had forgotten to grap some napkins and the ice cream was melting faster than I could lick it, and it was becoming a sticky mess.

Since it was almost time to pick up my regs, I went directly to the shop, figuring I could wash up there. I walked in and the dive shop owner was focused on my partially disassembled gauges in front of him. When he heard me come in, he looked up, and said "You blew a seal".

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Great timing!!!

Power hose went limp so I had to blow it manually.

Assuming you go down first, I will follow and we'll both reach around to make sure we're turned on.

She asked for a 3 minute safety stop. . . I didn't make it that long anyway.

Nice new bags. . ..do they float?

That spot is pretty dark and fishy. . . I'd bring a light.

Who's your buddy!?

I think you were on top while I was penetrating.

If I feel we're separating. . would you hold me?

How about the old saying
"Divers do itdeeper"

"Divers do it deeper, stay down longer, and come up wetter!

and if you ask my nondiver friends almost everything i say about diving can be turned ditry in some way

It was a hot summer day and I had just dropped off my regs following a dive because there was some leakage into the gauge cluster. The dive shop owner told me to come back in an hour, so I took a walk into town, and found an ice cream shop. As I ate my vanilla ice cream cone and walked along the pier admiring the various sea life, I realized in disdain that I had forgotten to grab some napkins and the ice cream was melting faster than I could lick it, and it was becoming a sticky mess.

Was that at HDC?? I can see them saying something like that in a situation like that.

The wetter the better

The Deeper you go the more pressure there is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom