Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A week ago Friday, I was solo diving South Jetty 4th & 5th Fingers (Newport/Yaquina Bay, Oregon) - cold and murky - 56ºF and 4-5ft vis. And I found an anchor - nice old fashion shaped one - 15lb. It took my lift bag and me a bit of a struggle to get it through the heavy surge/surf. I came up and showed it off to some sitting around in their cars looking at the Bay. One said, "What are you going to do with that?" "I don't know - CraigsList hasn't sold the last 5 or 6 anchors that I found/collected." "How about 20 bucks?" Well, I kinda wanted it - but my wife would be so proud and he really wanted it - "OK - 20 bucks!"

I don't know what those knotheads are doing dropping anchors on the rocky fingers - I suppose they feel sorry for us scuba guys and are leaving little (?) treasures behind. :)

I found Lots of water! Other than that on my cert dive at Fantasy Lake NC, I was too buoyant, and had to find a couple rocks to carry around. I also found a window support strut for a boat. Pretty sure it belonged to one of the many that were deliberately sunk there.

Im currently in Afghanistan till Aug, I see the lakes and think Man I want to dive that! I cant believe it, the waters look like something out of the bahamas and its fresh water. Wonder what I would find in there.

I've found dead deer and hogs that were stuffed under logs and rocks by gators.
I have been in central Florida and i dive in panhandle (Gulf of Mexico). I have been too scared to dive in murky central florida lakes knowing there are alligators there. I have been diving with sharks and feel less fear with them. Are there any reports of swimmers or divers getting attacked by gators on the water, or am I just a gator-Wuss?

A couple of years ago, I found a great princeton tec light. It was just like my daughter's .

In fact , It was her light and I found it on 2nd dive. I now tie lights to snap clips with cord and not with wire ties anymore.:) mk

Last edited:
$1USD

8750fd4f.jpg

Found an old ski exercise machine in the middle of lake in northern Michigan. Got my workout on at about 25 feet down. Also found a Blackberry, dried it out, and tracked down the owner who had dropped it ice fishing the previous winter.

PICT0027.jpg

today i found a nissan hardbody and inside it was a 22 rifle and book. the guy said he was fishing and after being by the water for 30-40 min all of a sudden his truck just came rolling by and off into the spill way. pics to come!

today i found a nissan hardbody and inside it was a 22 rifle and book. the guy said he was fishing and after being by the water for 30-40 min all of a sudden his truck just came rolling by and off into the spill way. pics to come!

I grew up in Michigan and we would hear stories every year when people would drive onto the ice to go ice fishing and lose a vehicle or sled (snowmobile) through the ice.

Back
Top Bottom