Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best find I've during diving was actually on the shore. Buddy and I did a night dive off a deserted beach. We finished the dive,and just coasted back in until it was too shallow to swim - about 2ft. We stood up right in front of a pair of teenagers making out by the water, who were too...distracted to notice us until we popped up, about 10 feet from them. The girl's scream was priceless. So was the boy's.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

The best find I've during diving was actually on the shore. Buddy and I did a night dive off a deserted beach. We finished the dive,and just coasted back in until it was too shallow to swim - about 2ft. We stood up right in front of a pair of teenagers making out by the water, who were too...distracted to notice us until we popped up, about 10 feet from them. The girl's scream was priceless. So was the boy's.

Bhaaahaaahaaa! That's awesome!

Moments like these you wish you had your camera? :wink:

feb 12 2005 to ? What a great run! In 1983 or 84 for I found a spear gun, Lots of cut off jeans (hippe hollow lake travis in austin tx)about every weekend Roger and I would find enough change in the pockets to buy HEB doughnuts so we wouldn't starve.We were both in the army at Fort Hood. I remenber my most profitable day in less than 5 ft fresh water I found 0 paper money $93.00 in us dollar coins $200.00 in quarters I coundn't count the dimes ,nickels and pennies because the mall police made me throw it all back.MAN!!!Joe

Beach towel
Watch inside of a coral and still running (found by my buddy diving next to me)
Broken wine glass and bottle of wine after hurricane cleanup
Snorkel on the floor of a wreck (and now my favorite when I need one)
Latest find was a snorkel with a juvenile brittle star wrapped around it

In Aruba last month I found a Mares X-Vision Mask and Snorkle.... after I finished diving, my personal X-Vision mask started leaking... the front cover had a crack... I used my "spare" all is good. :)

My most memorable was many years ago while teaching an advanced class, we were doing a wreck dive and stumbled across a newly abandoned anchor. After that dive I quickly changed the next dive into a "Search and recovery" dive, I which the 2 students recovered the anchor and sold it to a local marina and that covered the cost of their course.....I was kind of expecting a tip......oh well.

Once I went to do a dive at Mission Bay, San Diego. Two guys were on the grass with a kayak and dive gear. I've always wanted learn how to combine kayaking and diving so I asked what they did with the kayak during the dive and one said, "We take it down with us." I thought that was pretty snarky so I just stalked off to gear up.
My buddy and I swam out and began our dive. Just a few minutes into it I found a complete scuba rig in perfect condition among the rocks in about 15 ft of water. My first thought was to recover it and try to find the owner. I didn't have to look far -- I glanced up and saw one of the kayak divers struggling to freedive down to retrieve it. I surfaced and asked if they needed help but they said no so I went back to the bottom for some amusement. The guy was in his wetsuit (probably 7mm) and he was way too buoyant to reach the bottom despite his energetic flailing. I finally took pity on him and put some air in the bcd to send it to the surface.

Once I went to do a dive at Mission Bay, San Diego. Two guys were on the grass with a kayak and dive gear. I've always wanted learn how to combine kayaking and diving so I asked what they did with the kayak during the dive and one said, "We take it down with us." I thought that was pretty snarky so I just stalked off to gear up.
My buddy and I swam out and began our dive. Just a few minutes into it I found a complete scuba rig in perfect condition among the rocks in about 15 ft of water. My first thought was to recover it and try to find the owner. I didn't have to look far -- I glanced up and saw one of the kayak divers struggling to freedive down to retrieve it. I surfaced and asked if they needed help but they said no so I went back to the bottom for some amusement. The guy was in his wetsuit (probably 7mm) and he was way too buoyant to reach the bottom despite his energetic flailing. I finally took pity on him and put some air in the bcd to send it to the surface.
Don't ya just love it when a smart ass gets payback?

Lol!! Nice one!

I've found a treadmill. Yep a treadmill about a km from shore. Was standing upright with everything intact.

DD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom