Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Students masks, fins, snorkels, and weights. Fishing rods, piff helmet, rock climbing helmet, 6 cell phones, best was an 1800's boys wing shoe in 45fsw just resting upright in the mud bottom, my "buddy" was doing a photo advanced dive with my camera and I could not get his attention, so no pic. After I retrieved my camera I could not find the shoe again.
That's a bummer, I would have loved to see a pic.of it. Was it and an area of a shipwreck or a harbor?
ZDD

It was in a local lake near a historic hotel.

west coast fla finds.jpgfound westcoast of fla....

Found these when I was in Fla.I lost rest of the pictures that were on my phone...001.jpgsmall gold ring,light silver earings,3 knife,about 25 lbs 0f dive weight found more money in scrap lead than gold and silver

I've found plenty of bits of dive gear, around popular spots. A couple of anchors. Got a whole stack of frisbees - I keep finding them faster than the dogs can chew them up. Once found a whole set of golf clubs scattered around a 100-foot area. Someone stood on a bridge and threw them into the water, one at a time, then tossed the bag.

But the best was the time that my own car keys squirted out of my pocket when I was drifting around in a boat, trying to start a balky outboard. I quickly took two sightings on distant landmarks, as per boyscout training, went and got my dive gear, and quartered the area (100% kelp coverage). Found them. :wink:

intentionally ? I'm writing a book about that. unintentionally a 20,000.00 peso note, 1700's p.haering bottle, a fake gold bar (aluminum) that was used in a scuba diving promotion in the Bahamas, cannon balls, old gun flints, anchors, fishing poles, cigarette lighters, golf balls, our dive instructors edge computer, a dive knife, a .38 caliber revolver (turned in to sheriffs dept.), lots of sinkers and fishing lures, a fish stuck on a rock with fishing line. I did cut him loose. some really cool rocks.

Back
Top Bottom