Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're you able to date the bottles? My husband found a 1941 coke bottle when we were diving at Catalina Dive Park.

MID 1800 would be my guess the brown is a beer bottle, blue blob top is a soda bottle both bottled in Norwich N.Y

Thanks it's been a slow year for good finds( put in a lot of dives in this year).I'm out of commission for a while had rotator cuff surgery 8/28.I hope to be diving in fla in dec .Miss seeing your finds............SCOTT
Hope all is well with the rotator surgery Scott, I haven't been out much at all this summer, between crappy weather and schedules it's been tough. I hope to get out again soon maybe this weekend and we will soon be bottle diving as well. Hoping for an awesome year.
Take care Scott and have fun in FL.
Dave

This ones for you Scott
I posted this on another forum site (TN) earlier but I thought I would share it with you here as well

Well I finally got out to one of our favourite sites. We haven't been able to get there much this summer due to one thing or another but mostly sea conditions. Today was just at our limits with a 4-6 ft swell and some big chop on the top which did me in after the first dive. I was feeding the fishes faster then you can say puke. Four of us got out but nothing came up on the first dive, on the second dive 2 were still tough enough to make back in the water and for one of the crew it was good he did. He came up with an 1817 Sixpence and a 1853 gold full sovereing.
Some other goodies came up as well but these were the finds of the day, for sure.
Happy hunting everyone and dont forget to feed the fish
tongue3.gif

ZDD

Attachments

• 20130915_Shield& George.jpg
    20130915_Shield& George.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 20130915_151008.jpg
    20130915_151008.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 298
Nice finds and gold to boot what kind of detector are you using? I assume that there is a lot of silt there it must be hard to pin point and find your target

On my very first dive in the open water during my check out dive, I found Sponge Bob. Not the 'real' one, but a plastic one. My instructor picked it up and brought it back. I still have it and take it with me in my 'save a dive' kit for good luck.
So far it is working. :confused:

Diving in off Newport RI, my buddy and I found a fully functional spear gun on the first dive (he got to it first, so he has it) and on the second dive we found some old 40 mm AAA shells. Mo luck finding the owner of the speargun yet.
40mm01.jpg40mm-end.jpg

Found this stone at a local lake, has a date of 1904. I have no idea what it's use was but it was important enough to inscribe. If anyone can help identify its use maybe i can sleep again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 709
Troy has a lot of history can you make out any letter that may be missing? It could be a stone that was from a factory that made combuston engines of some kind

The chunk missing is 1/2" deep so all letters are gone

Back
Top Bottom