Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally have not found that great of things, the best I found must have been a wedding ring and it was made out of white gold. Not to mention the Spanish piece I found diving at one of the reefs near Key West. Im still trying to find a shipwreck loaded with treasure.

I only have 8 dives, so hopefully I'll have plenty of great "what I found diving" stories in years to come. It's not much, but during my checkout dives I did find a weight pocket (and weights) that had been lost by a student three months prior. It did make me feel kind of giddy that I spotted it, since the instructors had been bringing students to that lake nearly every weekend all summer.

The secret to finding good artifact in lakes. Find the property where the oldest settlers lived and you will find your greatest treasures.!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Also, find the lake barge garbage dump site, especially from prohibition era.

Looks good where around Halifax do you normally dive for your bottles and can anyone just pick a spot except around the navy yard I assume ,
First of all let me apologize for such a late responce, I have been off SB for the entire winter. The weather has kept us out of the water all winter long and I have just been hibernating. I did manage to get in the water for a few minutes last weekend untill my dry suit inflater valve stuck open, man I can't wait for this weather to end.
We generally dive in the narrows or off McNabs Is. when bottle diving. This requires writen permision from the Harbour Athority, plus radio contact while diving and surface to diver com., you have to check in with harbour traffic before diving and after all divers are up. It's sounds like a lot of messen around but we have it down to a routine. After 9-11 there were alot of restrictions put on Harbour diving and in some areas recreational diving is banned all together.
I hope this helps and I'll try and stay tuned in a little more.
ZDD

---------- Post added March 28th, 2014 at 10:34 PM ----------

I love Ginger Beer!
Mark
Hi Mark, those bottles first came with Genger Beer but that isn't what was in them that morning:D.
ZDD

My Zodiac !

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396198490234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396198490234.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 799
Best dive area in New England! View my documentary film of the Isles of shoals on YouTube channel divecon42uploadfromtaptalk1396532447806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom