Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arwen-

Good luck finding the ring..it IS possible.Trust me..I have a small side business doing just that. Helll...you buy the plane ticket and I'll bring a detector with me and I WILL find your wedding ring
Takes OCD type persistance. And capable equipment.

Bubs

Just got back from the caymans and found another anchor......got start selling these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While diving through the Silver Comet at Dutch Springs something caught my eye in the mouth of an exposed pipe. I stuck my hand in and retrieved a glass bottle containg a piece of paper. The bottle was corked and sealed with wax. The entire bottle was encased in a vacuum heat sealed bag. A little water still managed to get into the bottle and partially wet the paper. On the surfaced I opened the bottle and retrieved the paper, which was actually a water color painting, 4" x 4" of what looks like a salmon and initialed N.Z.B. the back of the painting has written "Great! You found some of my art! Nikki Z.B." I Googled Nikki Z. B. but found nothing. Wanted to thank Nikki Z.B. for my little treasure find. Nikki Z.B. if you happen to see this post, Thanks! You made my day. It's the little things in life!

IMG_1444.jpg
:jaws:

That's pretty cool, too bad the water seeped in. Reminds me of some of the underwater Geocaches.

My partner once found a steel strongbox wrapped in chains and padlocked shut. It had been tossed of a bridge. After opening it she found a plastic Gatorade bottle wrapped in tape. Inside the bottle was a nice dry bag of M & M's.

My partner once found a steel strongbox wrapped in chains and padlocked shut. It had been tossed of a bridge. After opening it she found a plastic Gatorade bottle wrapped in tape. Inside the bottle was a nice dry bag of M & M's.

Jack-Sparrow-huh.jpg

Always confused by the things people do!

I got a 15# "Navy Anchor", and my buddy found what appears to be possibly some kind of a flywheel yesterday in the West Branch of the Niagara River..... Drift was 1:20, and we had to call it early because he went in too light and was not able to stay down any longer. I had 1300 psi left in twin 63's, so likely another 0:45 was possible. Fun one!

At one point, I got " kissed" by about a 3# small mouth bass. Due to bubbles behind me because of having a double hose, it must have seen its reflection in my mask, and wasn't scared to investigate.

Back
Top Bottom