Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Among the usual bits and pieces we all find when diving, I once "found" a couple in a compromising position. Does this count???

Still find it hilarious to this day!!

Vybrant:
Among the usual bits and pieces we all find when diving, I once "found" a couple in a compromising position. Does this count???
Were they in scuba gear (also known as "negative 100 feet club")?

mousek801:
are piers and boat gas stations good places to go hunitng?
Only if you don't mind swallowing oil and gas, corroding your wetsuit, and possibly getting electrocuted.

I found a sony walkman complete with tape, batteries and headphones. Was not in the water long I guess. Dried it out and it played for about 10 minutes....then dead.

Things I have found
2 pairs of sunglasses (cheapies though)
A Leatherman ( good one , there's one peed off fisherman somewhere)
A sorong
Heaps of fishing lures
golf balls

Things I have lost
Intergraded wieghts
A torch
Mask and snorkel

Still looking
Candy

String:
A golf ball 2.5 miles offshore in 20m of water wedged firmly between a rock.

Nothing else odd.

Hahaha...I've watched an OIM and an oil company rep hitting golfballs off the helipad of a certain relatively famous drill ship...

Of course that was way way further out than 2.5 miles. :)

ScubaSixString:
I pulled up a glass top table from the bottom of a lake (with surface support). The story behind this one was that the table was sitting on top of a houseboat (the upper deck) while tied up to a dock. A storm blew up and blew the table off the deck, over the dock and into the water. It must have hit just right because the glass was intact. One year later my dive partner and I came upon it.

Same area i found a big MAGLITE. It had been dropped about a year earlier in 30 ft of water. Brought it up. cleaned it. and changed the batteries....the damn thing still worked. Not bad for a non-dive light.

Mag lights are tough. I once accidentally sent one down below 6000 feet in a work-class ROV. We got the sub back on deck and found the light sitting in the frame. Turned it on and it actually worked, although very very dim, even while still partially flooded.

Once on vacation, my wife used the dive shop's weight belt and 8 lb of weight. We think that either the plastic buckle was over used and streched out or she just didn't fasten it properly. Either way, the belt dropped on etnry and we couldn't find it. By the end of the week and twelve dives later, I found one four lb and 2Xtwo lb weights. I was one weight belt away from breaking even.
Other than that...not much, misc trash and an old mask that I have kept for some reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom