Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark1.jpg

I found a new friend and lived to write a poem about him.

Gratz on figuring out how to post pictures, and this is an awsome picture...glad you figured it out!

What is that sticking out of his gill...looks like a fin!

mikerault:
What is that sticking out of his gill...looks like a fin!

The jig is up patymeboy... They know you Photoshopped a picture of your goldfish...

:D

shadragon:
My tale of woe concerned a diver just out of OW course who tagged along with me and a buddy. We went on a 45 foot dive off the local coast. We always do a 3 min safety stop regardless of depth before surfacing and we briefed that on the shore. The three of us did the dive with no problems and the new guy called the dive for air. We were all on a flat ledge at 14-15 feet. One minute into the SS I look over and the new guy is gone. I look over the edge of the ledge and there was his bubble trail. He was back down to 40 feet playing with a lobster. Me and my buddy were both :shakehead :shakehead. He surfaced with 200 PSI left.

interesting how you criticise new divers and you "only" have 99 dives? i bet he has never been bent.:no

Two of my favorite items I have found:

1) A very old encrusted cork top Rum bottle off the coast of Aruba. No Rum, only Sea Water inside!

2) My favorite of all times. My wife and I were in BVI last Octobor diving off of Diamond Cay and leggend has it that there is a large engagement ring thrown overboard many years ago.
Of coarse we had our eyes peeled open.....It was close to noon and the sun was shining straight down onto the reef and low and behold something glittered as I swam by. I came back around for another look and down in the coral was a brilliant gold bracelet with gems all around!
I came up with the treasure and told my wife I found something but was not going to show her until later that evening......What a awsome find! The sun and I were at the right place at the right time!
We checked the value of the bracelet in St.Thomas and it was worth 1,200.00!!!!!

0f9eb4547666dyfvgx7a.png

I found a beautiful dive mask at 200 ft.and suddenly was able to snap a photo of a maskless diver trying to give air to the fish. He plunged over a sea cliff. Later I realized that I had just experienced the terrible effects of narcosis.I weapt and clutched the mask
to my heart. I might have been able to save that poor soul had I not been so gleaful of my find.

ice just off the lakes up here in Michigan...checking out gear this weekend..may do a nitrox class to eliminate co2 headache's..lol...hope to hit a few new spots this year..couple of spots are old long forgoteen beaches for the 20's and 30's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom