Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the claw of a 13000 year old three-toed sloth. Thought it was a saber tooth claw at first but after a bit of research I found the true identity. Awesome find!

That one is impossible to top, however here's my find. While doing my open water cert dive in the BVI I found a Timex watch on a reef at about 35 feet down. The band was broken and the time was wrong, but no joke - it was ticking and it still works today!

while doing a nightdive I found a custom fishing rod with Penn reel a 400.oo-500.oo find took home and soaked in fresh water works fine.

Maybe a Miami diver can help me with this one. Last Summer, off the reef at Pompano Beach, FL I found a golf ball in the sand. It is a Titleist "K-2 Acushnet", which was the professional ball of the 1960's and into the 70's. The ball, now sand-worn, is imprinted "Doral Open" in small letters on one side.

Is it possible for a golf ball to go through a canal or drainage system from Doral, and end up in the ocean? The ball does not have the cuts and scrapes that a practice or 'junk ball" would exhibit.

Crowbar
Anchor (light, about 5 lbs)
PVC pipe bomb
Fishing weights/fish hooks/fishing lures
a barracuda jawbone (with teeth in it)
a plastic lawnchair
20mm cartridge casings (dive was not far from Eglin AFB)

I found a real nice dive knife in Roatan. I was showing it off on the boat after the dive when one of the other divers realized it was his. :11doh:

I hope you at least got a drink at a bar for that.....

clay pipes
clay crocks
baot ladders
anchors
antique mabrble table top
blop top bottles
cremation urn vaults
shipwrecks

Maybe a Miami diver can help me with this one. Last Summer, off the reef at Pompano Beach, FL I found a golf ball in the sand. It is a Titleist "K-2 Acushnet", which was the professional ball of the 1960's and into the 70's. The ball, now sand-worn, is imprinted "Doral Open" in small letters on one side.

Is it possible for a golf ball to go through a canal or drainage system from Doral, and end up in the ocean? The ball does not have the cuts and scrapes that a practice or 'junk ball" would exhibit.

We did some shore diving off Pompano...I think I saw 15 golf balls down there! I probably saw yours, but the vis was about 5' that day and I wasn't bothering to pick up golf balls.

How about a 89lb piece of Nephrite Jade berried under the sand in Jade Cove California only about 15 yards off shore!

432_Otto_Me_with_89lb_piece_of_jade_74.jpg

Professor Otto Gasser and I buddied up to bring it up! It was 1974 and that is me without a bread! :D

That is a beautiful large piece of jade.

I have only found a weight belt, but could not carry it. A snorkel. Nothing much interesting. I have found more things floating boat flag, fishing pole, floats, baskets, teak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom