This is why we are not supposed to feed marine wildlife!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KP3S

Contributor
Reaction score
Isabela, Puerto Rico, 3 miles from the Atlantic Co
# of dives
200 - 499
Do not feed marine wildlife, you might loose something!!!! STUPID DIVER!!!

Screwing with marine wildlife diet is not acceptable, even if it is a piece of bread, I have see several new divers at Crashboat in Aguadilla, PR doing what the instructor told them not to do. They will end up like this diver, watch this youtube video and express your self, did he learned his lesson, probally not. Maybe if it was a shark would have been a different story. :dork2:

Though that guy was not very smart, feeding marine animals is a touchy subject for a number of reasons.

One big reason for feeding wildlife is that it can generate interest centered around having live marine creatures, instead of killing them. IE: Sting Ray City. If this didn't exist/bring in money their is a very big chance that money would be made by fishing for rays, instead of keeping them alive. Than again that sparks even more debates on 'unnatural' tourism practices and the like.

Ohhh, the confusion of life! =D

When will humans learn not to feed wildlife, whether marine or land based?

During a safari vacation in Tanzania, the lodge manager told us not to feed the wild baboons on the property. If anyone did, they'd have to kill the baboon because feeding them only encourages them to seek food when they see humans and they become aggressive toward humans who do not feed them.

The manager gave us this warning because a week prior to our arrival a guest ignored the rule, fed a baboon, so management had to kill the baboon. :depressed:

Maybe they should have had the person that fed the baboon hold the baboon close to their chest when the baboon got shot. It would hopefully either scare the :turd: out of them or kill them which provides a cleaner gene pool.

When will humans learn not to feed wildlife, whether marine or land based?

During a safari vacation in Tanzania, the lodge manager told us not to feed the wild baboons on the property. If anyone did, they'd have to kill the baboon because feeding them only encourages them to seek food when they see humans and they become aggressive toward humans who do not feed them.

The manager gave us this warning because a week prior to our arrival a guest ignored the rule, fed a baboon, so management had to kill the baboon. :depressed:

Hot dogs look like an excellent way to teach eels to eat fingers.

Is it just me, or does his "thumb" that's in the eels mouth look an awful lot like one of the hot dogs he was feeding the eel? Also, sure didn't seem like enough blood. I smell a prank.

Is it just me, or does his "thumb" that's in the eels mouth look an awful lot like one of the hot dogs he was feeding the eel? Also, sure didn't seem like enough blood. I smell a prank.

Nope, it looks legit to me. There was a hotdog in the eels mouth (sticking straight out) and his thumb (from the side). Further, the post-op scars look legit. And of course, the post-op "thumb" is pretty obviously not the same size or shape as his other.
It's not uncommon for traumatic amputations to have a lot of spasm that (initially) keeps them from bleeding much.

But hey, he's wearing split fins, so what do we expect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom