Three Dives You'd Take Your Out Of State Friends On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just had friends down to FL from Missouri. Here was our list..
1) Paradise Spring (cavern)
2) Flower Gardens
3) Corridor Wrecks

What about West Palm Beach area? I had a dive shop owner tell me today that this area has the best diving hands down.

Mizpah wreck is in WPB and when the Goliath Grouper aggregate, it's a great dive. Blue Heron Bridge (the macro dive) is in WPB too

WPB reefs are also really nice: quite colorful and in good shape. If you had asked for 6 best dives, I would have included the Breakers Reef, but you asked for 3 best. Florida is a big state with many rewarding dive areas so it's a little difficult to narrow down the best sites to just a few. While WPB has beautiful reefs none of the sites are truly 'epic' in my mind, but they are all enjoyable and worth diving. Also for big marine life encounters, nearby Jupiter can't be beat.

What about West Palm Beach area? ....

Just based on the experience level and type of diving your guests are seeking, I'd suggest the following to make it easy for you:

* Dive with Pura Vida on Singer Island - They'll do everything for you from BHB to Ocean Dives

* Stay at Singer Island Marriott - Right on the beach just around the corner from the dive shop

* Eat at Johnny Longboats once

* Dive the BHB, any of the WPB reefs, and then drift all 3 wrecks at once on the Governors riverwalk wreck trek

Map:
West Palm Beach Dive Sites

Based on your post, here are my pics:

1. Blue Grotto, nice cavern dive. Then a quick swing over to Crystal River for a manatee snorkel.
2. Blue Heron Bridge--stupendous macro life and excellent scenery and fish life as well.
3. Either Molasses Reef in Key Largo or Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary at Big Pine Key--Florida reef diving at its very best, with all due regard to my West Palm Beach buddies.
4. If a wreck is a "must" then the Castor wreck in Boynton Beach (south of West Palm). Alternate--Spiegel Grove in Key Largo. The SG is huge and interesting. The Castor is smaller, but prettier, more covered in incredible colorful encrusting corals, and has MUCH more big marine life such as goliath grouper, that is why it has a slight edge for me.

Blue Heron Bridge
West Palm Beach Drift Dive(s)
Key Largo (reefs or wrecks or both, depending on experience and preferences)

LBTS = Lauderdale By the Sea; shore diving

What about night dives from Islamorada Any suggestions?
ETA in 27 days.

You mean like, in the same State?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom