Throwing up in your regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havent had the "pleasure" of throwing up through the regs, but the guys on one of the dive boats I was on got pissed when I got seasick (Lots of water, outboard engine, big swell and nothing but crap airplane food the past 18 hrs) - They wanted me to stop throwing up during SI and save it for when we where under water :wink:

Problem was of course that as soon as I was under water the seasickness went away..

I guess I'll listen to mom's advice and chew my food well before swallowing. Just in case...

Remember to eat bananas. Doesn't do anything to prevent getting sick, but bananas are the only food that taste the same coming up as they do going down.

:cool2:

Remember to eat bananas. Doesn't do anything to prevent getting sick, but bananas are the only food that taste the same coming up as they do going down.

And theire easy to eat underwater as well :D

I did a rescue this summer when someone took their reg out of their mouth to throw up and aspirated sea water. Leave the reg in your mouth. The bits usually will pass just fine and when they don't, your regulator free flows some.

Sucking in water after you hurl can result in drowning.

And the consistency would pass through the reg no problem, It would be like baby food!

You've not tried my ex-wife's cooking...

Are you freakin' kidding me? I just posted on the seasickness thread yesterday that I was considering not considering taking up diving as a sport due to all the hurling seasick divers. Now, y'all are trading vomiting in your reg stories. :shocked2:

I had no idea that diving involved so many possibilities to lose one's brunch. You guys sound more and more like a bunch of freshmen at a frat party. :D

Are you freakin' kidding me? I just posted on the seasickness thread yesterday that I was considering not considering taking up diving as a sport due to all the hurling seasick divers. Now, y'all are trading vomiting in your reg stories. :shocked2:

I had no idea that diving involved so many possibilities to lose one's brunch. You guys sound more and more like a bunch of freshmen at a frat party. :D

Hey Di:

C'mon now..........I mentioned to you yesterday that these are contingencies that we plan for. And, underwater, if you ever have to, you can get sick right through your regulator, and it will keep on working. We don't spend all this money, get trained, practice, train some more, swim with fish (take a few if we want some dinner - and/or get some Lobster), spend more money, wreck and reef dive, just to get sick. I've never had to do this in 25 years, but I've seen it done. It's not pretty, but people can get sick on a boat, or MAYBE underwater. You mentioned that you have good sea legs, so you are way ahead of the game. A lot of divers do not have a good amount of boat experience, so they need to get used to it. You are hearing about the (very few) not so great days. Most days are beyond belief. Or we wouldn't do this. My group dives salt water or fresh water every Saturday & Sunday. And if we miss, we're pissed.

Stop worrying about the war stories, but understand if something like this does happen, you'll be OK. Go get your certification and have fun.

Just don't reference us to a bunch of freshmen at a frat party! It may not go over to well (just a little SB fun). Most of us could drink a frat freshman under the table by the time we were 16.................

Just don't reference us to a bunch of freshmen at a frat party! It may not go over to well (just a little SB fun). Most of us could drink a frat freshman under the table by the time we were 16.................

yup with around 1000 dives, only a handful of times getting seasick, and only twice getting sick in my reg I'm far from a freshmen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom