Thumbs Up For Manta Industries (reel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Manta Mini I have been using for about a year now. This morning my daughter drove over it with her 2008 Jetta.

Well, long story short the retaining screw bolt is a little jacked but still working. The crank knob is a little wracked but working. After the incident the "spool" was kind of deformed. This happened at about 11:00AM. By about 12:30 the spool had pretty much returned to it's original shape. I shot a bag twice with it today. (75 and 65 ft). It worked fine.

Now, my shop is sending it back to Manta for inspection/service. Did I mention it was run over by a car? As well as one of my Oxycheq Raider Lights!

The Raider showed no sign of wear but for a few scratches and performed as designed as well.

Gotta love Mantas stuff.
I've been on the fence over the Manta Jr.
Can't justify it to the Mrs since my Dive Rite's still working fine.

Don't suppose I could entice your daughter to run over my Dive Rite so I can plead my case for a new reel?

Don't suppose I could entice your daughter to run over my Dive Rite so I can plead my case for a new reel?

:shocked2:

Someone is going to report you to the :police: for conspiracy :eek:npatrol: to commit murder!

Gotta love Mantas stuff.
I've been on the fence over the Manta Jr.
Can't justify it to the Mrs since my Dive Rite's still working fine.

LOL.
Manta inspected and tweaked the reel. Just not back yet. So I have the dilemma, use my old Dive Rite or a spool this weekend. I'll take the spool. The Manta has it all over the Dive Rite.

Tell the wife it will keep you more safe. Hmm... or not. :)

OK. Got a call from my LDS this afternoon. The reel arrived from Manta with a clean bill of health.

New wave washer and an adjustment.

Oh..No charge. Not even shipping.

Thanks Wendy!

Did I mention that my daughter ran over this reel with a VW Jetta? LOL

If I told my wife I needed a new Manta reel because it made me safer....I'd definately NOT get a new reel.........LMAO

Back
Top Bottom