Thumbs up to New England Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's an example of the LDS side of the "online versus LDS" arguement.

I bought one of the first of the Aladin Tec computers back in 2005, from New England Dive Center in Wallingford CT. I had taken classes there and always found Paul, Pat, and Greg to be very knowledgable and eager to help. While still under warranty, one of the buttons popped out of the computer. I took it back in and it was repaired at no charge.

Fast forward to this September. My computer, now over 4 years old with about 400 dives and certainly way past warranty, pops another button. I take it back to New England Dive Center, and Greg tells me "he will see what he can do." I expect a meaningful repair bill.

Well, yesterday I picked up a brand new Tec 2G as a replacement for my broken Tec. No charge. A more feature-rich, brand new computer. I can't say for certain how this was done or who was responsible, but I am happy to send a big thank you NEDC's way. An online shop may have been able to pull off the same thing, but would one who was not an authorized dealer have been able to do so? Or stood behind the out of warranty computer at all?

I feel really good about this experience, which I take as an example of the benefits a high-quality, service-oriented LDS can offer. Not all are of this caliber, to be sure. But these are the kind of centers that are worthy of support and loyalty.

Nice to hear that LDS story.

Kudos for NEDC they are quite nice to deal with. I should go there more but I live a bit of the way.

Back
Top Bottom