Thunderbay Wreck Diving Trip - Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back rolls acceptable. But due to the freeboard on a Marinette I've been starting to do siderolls. Doubt if I will get my swim platforms raised by your arrival, but then I wasn't expecting your crew. Expect awesome viz, and I hope you dress for it. NOAA has Grecian and Montana buoys in, sold them some 7mm mittens today, hoping not to have to resort to the anchor. We have been getting our June fog banks so I might have the lake warmed up to close to 40 by your arrival.

Kinda thinkin the Saginaw kids might find the William Young with Sony crew, I wish them luck. Our Young was a three sticker, cut down to two, loaded with coal. I have some great USLSS reports on her loss, will post them
Friday.

Hey Joe...
Was talking with Rick last night... Heard there was talk of the Nordmeer as a possibility. I'm voting if possible, if we go out and do that wreck to also hit a good sink hole. I would LOVE to get some good video of that. Its not an area that people tend to dive much. What do you think? Worth the dive?

I just had two people pull out due to illness -- their spots are open for any takers...

Ricky how can people be sick a week in advance of the trip? They didn't attend one of the BoneCrushers presentations and get worried about spending that much time with him on a dive boat did they?

I heard that when placing buoys last week NOAA divers could see the deck of the Grecian (100) from the surface. Viz is steller right now. I would like to do one day from Rock Port. From there we could do a deep (130') dive on the 1906 New Orleans, then either the Nordmeer (30) or Middle Island Sink (75).

There is a couple of N. Carolina divers going out tomorrow so I hope to hear their feed back.

Ricky how can people be sick a week in advance of the trip? They didn't attend one of the BoneCrushers presentations and get worried about spending that much time with him on a dive boat did they?
The diver in question has been diagnosed with an aneurysm, so I guess you could say he literally blew her mind?!

There was this time when I was dating this girl that she blew..............................

I can finish that sentence...she blew all his cash.

Seriously, I hope your diver is not in serious danger. I know a guy they have been letting "live with it." They don't want to operate! Talk about walking around with the sword of Damiclease over your head. Not a good place to be.

Mind if I make some local arrangements to fill the seats?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom