Tiger Beach end of March 2019 - with whom to dive and where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topper1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am considering spending a week diving based in or near Freeport, Grand Bahama either prior or after a 2x10 day liveaboard March 8-29 with the Bahamas Master.

Does anybody have recommendations as to whom to dive with?
And perhaps also for somewhere convenient to stay?

I'm not sure there is a lot of diving up there until April so you may want to do it after your liveaboard. I think the Aggressor moves up there in late April. I was there in mid May a few years back and sea conditions at time were pretty rough. The charter the week before us, which was the first of the Spring, returned to port early. I could be totally wrong as I have only been there once. I am going back to Tiger Beach in late June this year. I'm expecting it to be much warmer than the last time I was there.

Apologies for piggy backing off your thread, but I have a similar question. I'm planning on a Bahama trip later this year, and also want to dive Tiger Beach, but are there any dive operators who DO NOT chum for sharks?

Epoc diving goes there - Oct-June. Their accommodations are a 2br condo complex in the West End which is about as far west as you can drive and still be on Grand Bahama. You would probably want to stop for food b4 driving out .
Tiger Shark Diving: Tiger Beach Grand Bahama Island - Epic Diving

There's also Reef Oasis Divers - they're located at the Wyndham Viva Fortuna on the south side. I believe it's an AI resort. Their trips are Nov-May. If they do walk-ins you could stay anywhere in the Freeport/Port Lucaya marina area - it's a short drive.
Diving with Tiger Sharks & Caribbean Reef Sharks | Grand Bahama

UNEXSO and at least one other operator are based in Port Lucaya. UNEXSO does reef shark feeds and dolphin dives but I don't think they go to Tiger Beach.

If you see Stuart Cove's listed as an option, I don't believer they are any longer. They were based at Old Bahama Bay in the west end but pulled out a few years ago afaik.

Apologies for piggy backing off your thread, but I have a similar question. I'm planning on a Bahama trip later this year, and also want to dive Tiger Beach, but are there any dive operators who DO NOT chum for sharks?
It's a Bahamas Marine Park so are there any that DO chum?

It's a Bahamas Marine Park so are there any that DO chum?

honestly I don't know, all I was going off was reading a couple of web pages from dive operators (I forget which ones) who had it in their description of what happened on their dive trips to the site, so I was assuming that it was prevalent.

if I'm wrong that's great!

We actually still have three spots open on the Bahamas Master for the week of March 30 through April 6 2019 for the Tiger Beach Itinerary if anyone is interested let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom