Tiger Shark Expedition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh - The mako is certainly also on my list. Although I have to admit that the I have that the Hammerhead is topping mine, which admitibly is a rather long list. Havent seen that many sharks yet..

so far
Whaleshark, Grey reef sharks(loads), black and white tip reef sharks and leopardsharks.

But my trip to Cape town. aliwal shoal and protea banks should hopefully change that:)
What about you - any interesting encounters?

Mako, Oceanic Whitetip and Great Hammerheads are still on my must see list. I've seen somewhere around twenty species so far and hope to add a few carribean and european species to that this year. The sharky highlights so far:

Threshers on Monad Shoal - on its day the best dive site I've ever had the pleasure of diving.

Protea - see a few posts back

Cow sharks in capetown. Bit of research, luck and friendly help came together against the odds on a really nice dive.

First dive on Elphinstone in Egypt - schools of scalloped hammerheads from start to finish!

wov - you have been around.. threshers and even the rare cow shark! How did you manage the cow shark.. I thought they were only found very deep and rarely in reachable waters using standard scuba equipment? Saw that they could ve found somewhere on the american west coast, I think it was, but I did not know they could also be found in Cape Town.

BTW - Monad shoal were is that?

Monad shoal is a cleaning station in the Philippines: Threshers, Mantas and stunning muck critters all on one site:
http://www.malapascua-diving.com/ThresherSharks.html

I've posted this before but:
82235592_f3f2df25ca.jpg

The cow sharks hang out on the east side of the cape during certain times of the year in pretty shallow water - the local diveshops and clubs are all familiar with the site but I don't know how seasonal the sharks are: http://www.underwatervideo.co.za/dive_locations/south_africa/encounters6.asp

Awesome picture must have been quite a dive:)

I'll look at the video when I am back in Denmark (where I am from) because in Zimbabwe (where i at the moment work) the Internet line is so bad that viewing vido on line and downloading is just not possible.

Will ask in Cape town if it is possible to do a cow shark dive - but I only have one day in my itenerary for regular scuba diving, so i wont get my hopes up to high.

Anyway GW's, Tigers, bull, hammers, guitar, spinners and possibly whalesharks and raggies will be more than enough:)

I,m sorry to say that i didnt go due to first illness and then when i got better they cancelled on me due to bad weather:(

But it looked like a very nice experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom