Tiger Woods and FreeDiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGolfSki:
Now that's he's got all that free diving training, he'll be able to hold his breath while making that put? Do you exhale or inhale when you swing.....:D

I must inhale because I seem to have plenty of wind for swearing after the shot.:D

Perhaps if you exhaled you wouldn't need to swear?

DiveGolfSki:
I was watching the golf channel (well, there is no Scuba Channel yet) and Tillman interviewed Tiger about general stuff. He is now into free diving and has attended a free diving course. He's ablve to dive to 100 ft and due to to apnea training (no idea what that entails) can hold his breath for up to 4 minutes?

I know he can drive the ball over 350 yds but 100 ft 4 minute free dives?:11:
I was in the freediving clinic in April 2005 with Tiger and his wife at Divetech in the Cayman Islands. He wanted to improve his freediving for spearfishing. He started out on Day 1 making 50' and his wife made it to 20'. At the end of Day 2 he hit the plate at 100' and his wife made it to 50'. There were 20 students in the clinic and everybody made great improvements. Tiger was great to be around for the week and he spent time talking to everybody. He has a great passion for diving.

As I remember, he also completed the full cave training.

Why not? Look at his new home (40 million). It looks like an island, not house. He can dive anytime he would like to.

So, how much do you have in your wallet?

I also heard Tiger can leap tall buildings and fly faster than the speed of a bullet. No no sorry I was thinking of someone else. Now really............think about it........100' down and up in 4 minutes? If I had that kind of money........I'd buy a tank.

Happy Diving

Scuba Brad:
I also heard Tiger can leap tall buildings and fly faster than the speed of a bullet. No no sorry I was thinking of someone else. Happy Diving

No youre thinking of Chuck Norris.

Sorry. Referenced another thread.

I just saw an AMEX ad in a golf magazine that featured Tiger. It was one of those ads that profiles the celebrity - what their hobbies are, what music they like, who inspired them, etc. He makes several references to spearfishing. It was something like, what is your favorite activity and his answer was "under water spearing fish".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom