Tiger Woods - Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well-l-l-l, knowing nothing about this story or Woods, I can speak to Army / Defense programs.

First, "went through Special Forces training at Bragg". There is a very large Special Forces contingent there, and they hold the whole line of training there, for both refresher and for qualifying.

Second, all the services have means by which their service members can train with other forces. I could go to the Air Force Senior Service College, although I've never been Air Force. Our basic and advanced courses have members from not only joint, but from coalition forces too.

Therefore, the Marines could have been attending training put on by the SF at Bragg.

Federal civilian employees, if properly qualified, and if there's good reason, may also attend training.

Now, when it comes to "pure" civilians - sometimes it is good PR. I had a CEO from a major firm go through our Army leadership training.

I deduce that Tiger was already well-qualified as a diver, and perhaps the training was final training and quals for master diver. The four-minute thing? :idk: Maybe he could already do it.

I'm not aware of any Marine or Army scuba training program available from the JFKSWCS as part of any core curriculum.

Let me add that SF Combat Diver Course training course is in Key West Florida.

Glad to hear Tiger can hold his breath for so long. Certainly it must be a useful skill when one is quietly hiding in a closet from an angry husband.

I'm not sure if you all have heard, but he's dropping the Tiger name for another big cat. From now on, he's to be known as "Cheetah."

In the game of golf, it is important to be an honorable player. My hopes are that Tiger Woods will regain his integrity.

Dropping out of the limelight (especially when, as a billionaire, he can well afford it), remaining decently silent, and focusing on his family is a great start. I wish Tiger and his family well.

And about his diving. No doubt that any group (including USA military) would invite Tiger as PR. Scuba is a great athletic or leisure endeavor. I'd love to have Tiger as a dive buddy. Jump on his private plane and we'd be in paradise in no time! And we'd bring along our wives!!! :)

Tiger did go through the Breath Holding or Apnea training @ Divetech in Grand Cayman. To pass you have to hit a plate at 100fsw. Not really an easy task.
For the "zero to hero" comment. Full Cave is no easy task and his instructor would not have passed him just because of who he was.
Bill

Military dive training takes longer then 1 week so if he was at Bragg, at most he did some PR dives/ simulated training with the military. The type of stuff they do for any VIP where they take you around and say 'this is the obstical course, would you like to give it a go?'

He is not a military diver.

I'm not aware of any Marine or Army scuba training program available from the JFKSWCS as part of any core curriculum.

Let me add that SF Combat Diver Course training course is in Key West Florida.

There is a good point! Maybe they were all attending training at Bragg, but was an external course brought there and others attended.

I have often purchased a class to be held locally, but the vendor has the right to sell unfilled seats. Ergo, we have civilians in our class.

MY point is that this did not have to be formal or sanctioned, and even if the jarheads were training with SF, it wasn't necessary the same training TigWoo took with them.

It's all about the spin, and there is probably a little truth well spun.

I am glad O.J. Simpson did not dive.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom