Tightness in chest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ed241

New
Reaction score
This past weekend I did a couple free dives (not very deep ,maybe 20') and that night I had a bad tightness in my chest. Is this something to worry about or maybe just from unused muscles?? I also had the same thing happen last year after doing bouyancy drills in a scuba class
Thanks for any help
Ed

ed241:
This past weekend I did a couple free dives (not very deep ,maybe 20') and that night I had a bad tightness in my chest. Is this something to worry about or maybe just from unused muscles?? I also had the same thing happen last year after doing bouyancy drills in a scuba class
Thanks for any help
Ed

Give us more details.

What were you feeling before it started? After it finished? Did you have any other symptoms? Nausea? Sweating? Pain, numbness or tingling in your jaw or arm(s)?

Do you have any cardiac history? How old are you? Do you take any medication? Was is your general state of health?

Has it happened during other forms of exercise?

I would not rule out a cardiac issue as part of my post. Use your discretion knowing your condition and exam history and follow up as you choose.

I had a similar problem when I had a wetsuit that was too tight. Muscles, tendons whatever became inflamed from the stress of cleansing breaths and diving. Since you also relate this to scuba buoyancy drills where you are probably managing chest volume more intensely I'm inclined to point to the fit of the suit. If the suit helps you exhale it has to go.

Pete

Hi
thanks for the quick responses. I'm 43 and just had a pysical includeing a stress test for my heart. Everything was fine except I have mild asthma.
The pain and tightness did go away the next day so hopefully it's nothing(I'm leaving for the Bahamas this weekend)
Thanks for your input
Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom