Hi from Germany and the Redsea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobulai

Coder Monkey, Dreamer of Transhumanistic Machines
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Scubaboard,

I’m Mono (like stereo) originally from Cairo, Eg; My dad is from Alexandria (the original), Eg, and his dad is from The Suez area by the Red sea; my sister was born in Jeddah, SA. obviously I had a tight connection with salt water since I was a kid.
I have been living for the last 10 years in Germany.

I have been lurking for the better half of a decade as a guest, and I’m grateful for y’all’s insights already. I kinda already started jump in some of the threads around here (some are pretty heated 🌶️ )

I did my 1st dive (DSD) back in 09, and then a bunch more “uncertified” ones till in 18/19 I finally got my OWD/AOWD
When the ‘rona hit in 20 I started looking into buying my 1st reg kit, and that started something in me.

I still got a long way ahead of me as a diver, drysuits, tech-stuff, coldwaters, rebreathers, cavern & cave... total NEWB; but I look forward to all of it

I’m an interdisciplinary engineer, with background in pneumatics, hydraulics, HW design, mechatronic/software systems, injection systems and self driving cars.

Last year I started having interests in technical diving, and also in the equipment itself. 2 months ago I have quit my job, and I wanna focus on building diving systems.
maybe a scooter, maybe a rebreather (I know kinda late to the hype), maybe a dive computer, ROV…, maybe everything 🤷🏽‍♀️

Next month I’ll start with my AdvNox amd mod1 mCCR classes

Y’all are too knowledgeable/helpful and I’m here for it.
I wanna learn first and foremost about being a better diver (for my sake and ppl I might give advice to), and also kinda about things that can be improved in various systems, preferences and all that — as an engineer.

I have recently joined after coming across an awesome YT playlist by @rsingler about regulators (regulator geeks); and that was motive enough to join to finally sign up to be able to reach out and ask him about his class. (Should do that soon, if he’ll take me 😅)

I’m always up for chatting about diving (the diving, the medicine, the engineering, the dreams).. whichever medium you choose just hit me up.

glad to have joined here
wish yall full healthy tanks, min TTS/max NDL and clear viz
💙
Mono

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom