Time for another Orca Bait dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I think the last one was in October. Weather is starting to get pleasant but the water is still pretty clear. Anybody up for a road trip to Keystone or something exciting like that?

I'd be up for a Keystone Dive. I'm even available most weekdays. Let's see what dates get bantered about.

I'll be on a boat charter dive April 9th though if all goes according to plan...

Update: I'm also diving Keystone on April 4th (getting aquainted with new buddy/buddies) so far. But...the week after the 9th or later, I'm game to do it all again.
TSandM, if all went according to plan, you're in the BVIs so probably not even seeing this yet...? Gosh, I feel sorry for you two!:)

Well, we're home from the BVI, and believe it or not, I'm still looking forward to getting back in the cold water. I work the next four days, but then I'm off until the last weekend of the month. I'd love to dive somewhere other than Cove 2 or Edmonds . . .

Keystone would be great, if I can get my drysuit soon enough. I'm expecting my tax return this week, and if it does come, I plan to be in the water asap. If I have it, I'm up for anyting but Edmonds, Alki and anyting south. But Keystone would be pick of the crop for me.. since I've never been there.

I looked at the tides and currents for Keystone for late this month, and they aren't perfect, but it looks like the third weekend would be doable.

So when is the next Orca Bait dive? April 15 or 22?
Do we have dates and times?

Well, the weekend of the 15th is crummy for Keystone -- big ebb exchange through the majority of the day. The following weekend would be much better there -- small flood exchange through the middle of the day. The only problem is that I'm not sure I can go that weekend after all . . .

Just FYI, the Anacortes Dive Club has a Keystone Dive scheduled for Sunday the 23rd. That may appeal to anyone who hasn't dove there before and needs a buddy... on the other hand it makes it more crowded but compared to Cove 2, etc. it's all relative I guess!

The club dives are open to non members. Call 360-293-2070 Anacortes Diving and Supply if that presents the opportunity you've been looking for (Jeff+Dive) and if the Orca Bait thang doesn't occur on that weekend. I think it's $10 to provide something for the DM. Bob or Kelley at the shop would prefer to know a few days ahead if you'll need a buddy.
May 7th is also an Anacortes Club dive at Keystone.
(I don't work for the shop it's just my LDS...)

Sat. of course is another option. TSandM, just wanted to remind you that I'm available weekdays if you'd like to buddy sometime during the week and compare our new dry suits!
Hope you had a great vacation and Peter's cold cleared up in time!

Sadly, I won't be able to join y'all for a fun dive until May ... got classes scheduled solid through the end of the month ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom