time to celebrate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Today it's twenty years since I first fell in love with my current boyfriend.

We were both 16 at the time, and kind of made a bit of a private celebration :balloon: the morning after Italy had won the soccer World Championships in Spain.

We split up a couple of years later, kept in touch for a while and then lost sight of each other until one day, in May 2000, I decided I wanted to know what had become of him.

Knowing he had always wanted to become a math professor at university, I tried to see if I could find any reference on the net, incredibly as it might sound I found a couple e-mail addresses, sent a neutral message excusing myself if I was addressing the wrong person, and saying "if it's you, it's up to you to decide whether you want to answer this message and just let me know where you are in life".

Guess what?

Two hours later there was an answer: it was indeed him, and he didn't mind hearing from me after so much time.

We kept writing to each other four to five messages a day, until we decided to meet again, and bing! love was there again!

The problem now is we live 3000 Kms apart.;-0

We are old enough to build something together, but life has taken us so far.

whatever pains may follow, always, always follow your heart. (Hey someone's got to take Ann Lander's place)

You never know where life and love are going to take you... but if you let it, it is a great trip.

BTW, Ann Landers was an newspaper advice columnist who gave people advice on love, and life. She recently died of cancer.

Ty

Love works mysteriously. And life has never been more changeable than it is now. If the love is there, it is worth embracing despite the temporary & solvable distance issue. So many times, I think things are impossible in life because certain details don't match up, then circumstances offer favorable changes that make it all work just fine. The things that keep you apart may become less imporatant than the things that draw you together, and it may come thru little effort of your own. Many blessings to you both!

this could be a movie maybe, the femmes really like this stuff. hehehe...just kidding. best wishes to the both of you:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom