Time to start planning soon...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raven C

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I have been away from the board a lot for a few reasons; one of which has to do with being overwhelmed by finals.

The holidays are coming up and after things wind down I think we should think about planning another DSD meeting. If not a dive outing at least maybe an educational/fun meeting. I hope to be able to arrange a tour of the Myrtle Beach aquarium that includes a behind the scenes for the divers who may be interested in working or volunteering at an aquarium and maybe check out a dive shop or few. :D

Also, I think that by February the waters should be looking very good to plan another "BIG" dive weekend. What do you think? The last dive trip with Capt Terry and Ms. Judy turned out so well that a duplicate is definately in mix.

I also think that a possible gathering with the FL Conch Divers would be very cool. Something centered around a manatee dive in Crystal River would be great. What do you all think?

We need to get suggestions and ideas and start working on filling that calendar on DeepSouthDivers.org. So, put on your thinking caps or just speak the first thing that enters your mind so we can see what you all are interested in.

I also think we could easily work in a May River dive -- remember that is typically a dark water fossil scavenger dive. I am thinking that something like that would be really great. We are talking shore dive - no charter fees, we can sack out a few divers at my house and find inexpensive hotels to share for others. And, if we do the food like we did last time, everyone brought enough food for two night's dinner so we had more than enough to eat and there were only six divers, food shouldn't be a big problem or expense. We were able to invite Terry and Judy to join us and still had stuff to take home. (Mark, you will have to stay the next time.) How does that sound for good cheap fun diving in March?

So, let's get busy comin' up with good dive plans to carry us through a brief dry spell. :D R

Raven,

My wife and I are wanting to go to Chrystal in January. Also, I dove with victoriawtx a few weeks ago. She and her husband are wanting to go also.

The link below was posted by one of the Florida Conch divers. Has a lot of good info on Chrystal and other dives in it.

Since we just got our cert, we're really iching to go. So hopefully we'll get some interest going here.

We live in B'ham, so if anyone north of us is driving down and wants to break up the drive, they can stay with us.

Cheers,

Beck

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthrea...&threadid=42669

I'm dying to to get wet again too. I would like a trip to Florida, the sooner the better. As always, count me in for any dive and this time I'll stick around for the food :)

I have my work schedule for January so whatever is planned I have to do around it. As for Feb. I will be gone on a cruise from the 15th-22 with my family.

Around March 23 or 24th I will be going on a liveaboard with the LDS group to the Bahamas, West End again. In June we have a trip planned to Belize for a week of diving and fun. If anyone maybe interested in any of these trips pm me and I will provide more information to you.

As for the aquarium tour I think that sounds like something I would really enjoy. By the way there is a girl from here that dives at the SC aquarium that I have met. Maybe you have too. Lisa is her name.

I have no plans for Jan. , April, or May yet but hope to get some diving in those months too. Keep me posted.

...The girl gets her diploma, realizes that she's going to have some time and so...

:)

Check the "Dates" section of the site and let me know what we want put in there...

We're ready to rock. :D

Hey, let's get those t-shirts going, eh? That might help pass the time while the season comes back 'round...

Hey Ya'll
Found this thread and am wondering how many are planning on making it south the weekend following Christmas. We are trying to get a head count...if enough are commited to going, we might get a better rate at Devils Den.
So far the itinerary is:
Friday, Dec 26: Travel to Devils Den
Sat, Dec 27: Dive, Dive, Dive...go to _Kurt_'s for a cookout, dive dive dive?
Sun, Dec 28: Crystal River, swim with the manatees

Its shaping up to be a good time and a great chance to meet some of the scubaboard members.

See ya on the 26th!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom