DeepBlue - A dive planning toolbox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool project, I second the idea of trying to implement some of the alternative/experimental algorithms to offer something unique.

Alternatively, it's a different project, but if you ever feel like making a non-cloud, open source dive log software with highly configurable input fields that would be super cool. I like multideco and subsurface for planning but I'm not satisfied with any of the common dive journal tools. The UI's are clunky and the inputs too hard to customize for the specific things I want to log (or not log). But again that might be a personal problem and not what you're interested in working on.

Cool project, I second the idea of trying to implement some of the alternative/experimental algorithms to offer something unique.
Seems like there's a lot of interest for this, so I'm definitely adding this as an alternative algorithm. Would be very interested to see what the results are!

Alternatively, it's a different project, but if you ever feel like making a non-cloud, open source dive log software with highly configurable input fields that would be super cool. I like multideco and subsurface for planning but I'm not satisfied with any of the common dive journal tools. The UI's are clunky and the inputs too hard to customize for the specific things I want to log (or not log). But again that might be a personal problem and not what you're interested in working on.
Although it would be cool to implement a dive log feature, it's a bit out of the scope of this application. Further down the line, it would be interesting to see (especially if people use the algorithm on real dives and compare them, similar to how MultiDeco did it for their VPM algorithm) and I have a brief thought of how I could implement this too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom