Hello, technical diver developing diving apps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, my name is Alex.

Regarding app development, I am interested in understanding the needs of divers to guide my application development process. Moreover, I would also like to have the opportunity to promote my applications on the forum with special offers for forum users.

At the moment I only have one app published for Android, with different calculations: MOD, NDL, TOD, END, SAC, EAD, Gas density, Best gas mix.
Why not contribute to an opensource app like subsurface? If you join their mailing list you can watch the discussions flow and decide when and on what specific problem you want to chip in…

Just a suggestion.

So, there's a bunch of gas Mining apps out there, several of which I do like.

What I havent seen is an App I can tell that I have ie. 60 bars of 21/35 on my D12, 80 bars of O2 on a 50 liter bottle, and 100 bars of HE on another 50 liter, how much do I have to bleed off to make xx/yy?
Can you tell me which apps you use?

I'm just thinking about developing the following app for gas blender.
The problem you mention is to be able to take advantage of the 50l bullet when they have little pressure?

The example would be that you want to know the maximum pressure (to which you have to bleed the D12) in your 21/35 D12 to be able to mix a 18/45 with the gas that you have left in your 50l bullets?

Why not contribute to an opensource app like subsurface? If you join their mailing list you can watch the discussions flow and decide when and on what specific problem you want to chip in…

Just a suggestion.
I have thought about it. The problem is that I'm a junior developer, I don't know if I can really add value without breaking anything =)

Can you tell me which apps you use?

I'm just thinking about developing the following app for gas blender.
The problem you mention is to be able to take advantage of the 50l bullet when they have little pressure?

The example would be that you want to know the maximum pressure (to which you have to bleed the D12) in your 21/35 D12 to be able to mix a 18/45 with the gas that you have left in your 50l bullets?
My favourite app is Diveman (Android). If I'm in a situation with limited available O2 available I currently just find what I need to bleed my doubles down to in order to get the correct mix.

As an example:
I have in my doubles 70 Bars of 32%, and want to have 240 bars of 32%. I would then have to add 24 bars of O2 and then top woth air. I would then need ~100 bars of O2 in a single 50L bottle to be able to mix without first bleeding off. If I only had 90 bars available, I'd have to bleed off my doubles roughly 10 bars.

It's quite straight forward with nitrox only, but with trimix I find it annoying to use trial and error (as well as expensive doing it wrong!)

I have thought about it. The problem is that I'm a junior developer, I don't know if I can really add value without breaking anything =)
Look at their open issues and see if there's something you can fix. Test it a bit, and add some unit tests of your own. Also, It's not like it won't have a code review.

Just a suggestion.
^^^100%. I wish that Subsurface could plan multiple dives via the app. The PC version will take your last dive into account and plan the next one with whatever SI you put in, very convenient but by the time things change I'm never near a PC.

So, there's a bunch of gas Mining apps out there, several of which I do like.

What I havent seen is an App I can tell that I have ie. 60 bars of 21/35 on my D12, 80 bars of O2 on a 50 liter bottle, and 100 bars of HE on another 50 liter, how much do I have to bleed off to make xx/yy?
Deep tools does that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom