I built a web app to help plan deco dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me to desire a project, it needs to serve a purpose and in a perfect world generate a profit over what’s invested. That profit, at the very least needs to be time or money.
Not all of us are motivated just by money. Some of us will spend our time and money for the sake of learning (which the OP is definitely getting here) or for benefiting society in some way.

Not all of us are motivated just by money. Some of us will spend our time and money for the sake of learning (which the OP is definitely getting here) or for benefiting society in some way.

Even though you quoted me, you didn’t understand what I wrote.

TLDR: I made a web app to help plan complex deco dives. ...
I see you joined SB about two months ago - welcome! And very nice project. This is definitely an excellent way to solidify your understanding of the theory, and have fun along the way. Don't let odd nay-sayer discourage you.

I'm curious - to implement your deco code, did you start from scratch (read books, published articles)? Or did you study/modify/adapt some other deco implementation?

Why bother. There are already fantastic resources for this.
For me to desire a project, it needs ...
But this isn't your project, so why does it matter to you how someone else chooses to occupy their time?

But 2. As I own one of the largest dive shops in the state, this is marketing. So…. There is that.
Whose marketing? The OP isn't marketing, he's sharing his enthusiasm for diving.

I'm curious - to implement your deco code, did you start from scratch (read books, published articles)? Or did you study/modify/adapt some other deco implementation?
I coded it from scratch, mostly using the maths from the wikipedia article on Buhlmann. I found another open-source project that implements Buhlmann too and referred to that when I wasn't quite sure how something was supposed to be calculated (GitHub - jirkapok/GasPlanner: Simple scuba diving gas planning calculator. Calculates decompression and dive ascent based on Buhlmann ZHL-16 model.)

This is super cool! As a code nerd myself I love this project and you inspired me to try it out myself. Fun way to get use to programming Rust and be a better diver. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom