Time to stop being fat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun:
Well day one was not a total sucess but not a failure either.

I managed not to eat anything bad for me. I skipped the usual sausage egg and cheese McGriddle, no frosty at lunch time, no ice cream at night, No take out Thai food. I had a protein shake in the morning and a meal replacement bar for lunch, some fat free potato chips as a snack and a big salad with fat free dressing for dinner, and a little bit of fat free popcorn for a tv snack. Eating healty is a little inconvenient as I am on the road all day. .

I agree with what Cameron said above, but I think this indicates that you may be spending a lot of time with what I think is the number one reason for weight gain in America--the typical fast food menu. You don't mention soft drinks or french fries, but those puppies add huge amounts of calories with little nutritional value. If they are a part of your diet at all, try to get rid of them as much as possible.

Try to focus on getting as many vegetable, fruits, and whole grains in your diet in place of other carbohydrates. Try to replace the other fats in your diet with olive oil, avocadoes, or others of that kind. Almonds are a healthy snack with good fat. Stay out of the processed food places and make simple but delicious meals in your own kitchen, and it will make a big difference.

Start really simple. You have to remember that you're doing this for the long term and it has to be sustainable.
I committed three things to myself this year and they've been managable so far.

1) Be more active. (I'm finding swimming to be the most effective work out for me but even walking will do. Don't over do it at first.)

2) Eat more veggies.

3) Eat fewer sweets.

I didn't give myself hard rules so I don't get frustrated because I'm not being perfect. I also don't drink a lot of soda because that's a lot of calories that you don't even notice. I mostly drink water and tea.
So far I've lost about 8 pounds since the first of the year.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom