Tip for Phil Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar posted::
A lot of very valid points
I know that topics morph, especially here. I just want to make clear that I was expressing the point of view of a non-Philippino and to show why a deal can fall apart as it did. The different cultures no doubt demand different marketing techniques. I understand that it's more my responsibility to adapt to the surrounding flow but at the same time, my money is (supposedly) good and the business that makes me comfortable will win it. There will certainly be many businesses that don't want to make the effort and won't terribly suffer by not receiving my business.

The original post was more informational (plus a bit of steam blowing) for those who want to know more about attracting business from people who aren't used to the way Philippine classes are described.

I got my OW and AOW certifications from Scuba World and I can say the prices were pretty clear and no hidden costs. Very recently, I did my Rescue Diver training with a freelancer (Axua from this board) and I can say that I was completely satisfied with how it went and there were no hidden costs - plus the price was much more reasonable.

But of course we can't really avoid people who are not too professional in dealing with. That's a given. So its usually up to us to be more prudent.

phildiver88:
I got my OW and AOW certifications from Scuba World and I can say the prices were pretty clear and no hidden costs. Very recently, I did my Rescue Diver training with a freelancer (Axua from this board) and I can say that I was completely satisfied with how it went and there were no hidden costs - plus the price was much more reasonable.

But of course we can't really avoid people who are not too professional in dealing with. That's a given. So its usually up to us to be more prudent.
dude... did you get the rescue course package with the pretty, half-naked assistant?

Jag

shugar:
dude... did you get the rescue course package with the pretty, half-naked assistant?

Jag

I thought this was standard for all courses.

Thats why I have my 5 year old niece in the pool for all confined water. Just to stick to standards.

partridge:
I guess it all boils down to marketing strategy. If the instructor picked the wrong strategy then he may not get the business or repeat business.

Simple and real world.

i agree!

Back
Top Bottom