Tipping a dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Having a fantastic time diving this week in Grenada! We will have completed approximately 17 dives in 7 days including a wreck and a nitrox course. Dive crew has been amazing. (Aquanauts). However, I have no idea what to tip! Suggestions please.

WaterDance
Dive number 100 was reached on Tuesday!

In the Caribbean it is like restaurants - about 10% is normal for good service. In some US territories they expect more like 15%, but generally people are grateful for what they get.

Having a fantastic time diving this week in Grenada! We will have completed approximately 17 dives in 7 days including a wreck and a nitrox course. Dive crew has been amazing. (Aquanauts). However, I have no idea what to tip! Suggestions please.

WaterDance
Dive number 100 was reached on Tuesday!
$5 per tank, per person is the low end of the going rate. $10 is the high end.

PS - for future reference you should really tip at the end of each dive/charter because in most cases the staff can change from day to day. Tipping at the end of the week makes it hard to ensure an equitable distribution.

$5 US per tank------keep it easy & simlpe.....

Did you get to the Bianca C yet? That is the Grenada dive site on my bucket list...

Back
Top Bottom