Tipping DM Trainee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you sneak up on them from the back, and push them sideways, you may be able to tip them.

Also a random note about ear drops:

Once you add alcohol, the freezing point drops. I did a dive at below zero surface temperatures once and used the ear drops, which I left in my car and were probably about 10 degrees F. It was one of the most painful events of my diving career.

Tipping culture is local and varies. One place I go, if the DM trainees get a tip, they usually turn it over (voluntarily) to the primary DM.

Something I've seen folks do in situation swhen they want to thank a trainee for especially good service is gift them something non-monetary - on one dive trip, another guest (who was an instructor) gave the trainee an impromptu complimentary nitrox course and cert! Super kind (and practical!) gesture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom