Tips for Finding Dive Buddies (Feb 21-24)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjk497

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I get to Bonaire late on Feb 20 and depart on Feb 25 and am staying at the Courtyard in Kralendijk. My travel companions do not dive, so I am looking for any tips for finding a dive buddy or buddies while I am there.

TIA,
Brian

Once you are there...Dive Friends (and I'm sure other dive shops) have "buddy boards" in their shops. Take a boat dive to Klein. That will give you a "captive audience" of other divers to chat up. Friendly, considerate, and nice go a long way. :)

Thanks for the advice! I'll plan a boat dive for my first day there and hopefully find some willing buddies for the rest of my trip.

This works for me when I am there.
Dive with BDA and use their dock. Show up at the dock area in the morning and see who shows up to dive. Ask to join them. Have your kit ready to go so you do not hold people up. Barre Reef is a very nice dive.
I also meet people on the boat your first day as well.
I tried the "sign up to find a dive buddy" at Buddy Dive but it never worked for me.

hit the dive resort bars at night - Buddy's, Habitat or maybe Coconut Crash at the Plaza.
Possibly Karel's downtown also.

Wear a dive t-shirt on your last flight inbound also - we had offers to meet-up from two groups in the departure area b4 we left the States - one we met up with later.

As a last resort your boat DM may freelance. Ours offered to take us to Town Pier at night for $25 pp some years ago. Us and another couple.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Will start with a boat dive my first morning to try and meet some people. If that is unsuccessful, I'll definitely utilize the rest of these tips.

Brian, It was great diving with you. My buddies and I were pleasantly surprised by your great skills with so few dives under your dive belt. Hope we can connect on another trip.

Brian, It was great diving with you. My buddies and I were pleasantly surprised by your great skills with so few dives under your dive belt. Hope we can connect on another trip.
Thank you for the kind words and for bringing me out on some great dives. You helped make my first trip to Bonaire a memorable one. It's a small world, so hopefully we will cross paths again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom