TIZIP's issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at a new drysuit and was considering some with front entry TIZIP's

What's the story with the TIZIP, is there a generic quality issue or is it only affecting some manufacturers? There seem to be reports of a lot of these leaking.

Any feedback from TIZIP drysuit owners would be appreciated

Last edited:
I have a one on a BARE Velocity semi dry, and another on a Waterproof D9 Drysuit.

Both work perfectly. Super low maintenance and so far seem plenty durable.

The only issue I ever had was actually recently. I did a giant stride having just put my suit on and there was so much built-up air within the suit, it actually blew right past the ti-zip. It didn't flood the suit or anything, it just made a tiny leak. I climbed out of the water, dropped my gear down, unzipped and re-zipped, problem went away. I could have finished the dive, but it was cold water and didn't want to get wet.

I personally love the Ti-zip because it enables the use of a self-donning rear zip suit. I personally dislike front zip suits because they require excess material and that bagginess is felt in the water for sure. Rear zip is the only style of suit which you can build to fit snug.

2 years on mine. No issues except the occasional user error where I don't get it fully docked.

I don't have any experience with tizips, but they do offer some great value propositions of which cost is not one.

I'm looking at a new drysuit and was considering some with front entry TIZIP's

What's the story with the TIZIP, is there a generic quality issue or is it only affecting some manufacturers? There seem to be reports of a lot of these leaking.

Any feedback from TIZIP drysuit owners would be appreciated

Have TiZips on two DUI suits. No problems. Would never go back.

As a BTW, not-specific to TiZip, I think the "lots of reports of issues" concept is always flawed because no one ever "reports" that "I did a dive today with no issues." Upshot is that you ONLY hear negative reports.

---------- Post added February 12th, 2015 at 12:20 PM ----------

I personally love the Ti-zip because it enables the use of a self-donning rear zip suit. I personally dislike front zip suits because they require excess material and that bagginess is felt in the water for sure. Rear zip is the only style of suit which you can build to fit snug.

On the other hand, if you get a suit that fits...

:d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom