TLS 350, which pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the bellow pockets on my backup DUI, and they don't compare to the Halcyon pockets I had DUI install on my main TLS350 suit. I love the separate wetnote, zipper compartment, and built in bungee loops.

Yea, I love the layout of the Halcyon pocket too. I have one of the big ones on one of my suits, and it's a bit beefy. I'll go with the smaller ones, which is what Kathy has I think, if (when) I ever get a new suit. It's nice to never have the wetnotes pop out of your pocket accidentally when you are rummaging around in there.

when i got my CF200, i got the DUI Bellows pocket. In retrospect, i wish i'd gotten the Halcyon pocket. the DUI Large Bellows pocket is just not large enough. Partially because I'm a bit on the shrimpy side and my pocket wraps around my leg, but partially cause i just need more cubic footage :)

so... have DUI put Halcyon bellows pocket would be my recommendation :) Doing them at home just leads to angst. They'll use the right glue and the buggers won't come off, but without making the area super annoyingly stiff (suit can stand up on its pockets with some of the "do it yourself" adhesives.

X-shorts, they are very large, accommodate multiple different exposure suits, and are about the same price as a pair of Brand H pockets you still have to pay to install.

Peace,
Greg

FWIW - I just had my local cobbler sew on my pockets. Cost was $25 and he did it while I waited. I don't know what DUI is charging but it's worth keeping in mind at least for those who already have suits and don't want to send them out. I have to aqua seal the stitches myself, however they did offer to do that as well.

And another vote for the Halcyon pockets. They make a few things that are just much better than all of the rest on the market.

Hunter

Does someone have side-by-side photo comparison of the H and DUI pockets?

I have DUI bellows pockets. Mine do have hardened neo backing but the truth is that while they have served me fairly well for OW diving, they are getting to be pretty small for cave diving stuff. It was easy to install bungee on the crommets but they do not have any extra slots for anything and I have not personally seen the H pockets.
I just wonder how much bigger they actually are.

Personally, I would never take zipper pockets. I would lose my cool trying to open/close them with drygloves.

XS Scuba makes a great wetsuit/drysuit pocket that glues on to either rather quickly with some Aquaseal. It can easily hold a 6' SMB and thumb spool, with a mesh inner pocket that's great for wet notes. For $30 it can't be beat, just get a 2oz. tube of Aquaseal with it, as it doesn't come with enough to do the job. I have one on my wetsuit and my dive buddy added one to his drysuit, no problems!

take a look at the santi pockets. they're pretty great

I also recommend the Halcyon pockets. I wish my current TLS Explorer MaxMob would have them - the new one will as my old one had

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom