To Rent Here or in Tobago?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdanseuse

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I am traveling to Tobago and have been diving little bits for several years. Would not call myself experienced, but getting there. Currently I don't own my own gear (other than mask, fins, boots). Has anyone any experience with the rental gear at any of the shops in Tobago? Would you recommend renting stateside and hauling the gear or taking a chance in Tobago?

Thanks!

It really greatly depends upon exactly where you plan on chartering. The dive ops along Pigeon Point (near the South airport end) will likely have great stuff to rent. They deal continuously with day divers including cruise ship divers.

On the North end, Speyside area, they cater more to weeklong divers. Most people bring their own stuff. I am no big fan of the particular dive op per-se, but Blue Waters Inn likely has fine gear for rent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom