Tofo recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pepper1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All!

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Inhambane (Tofo) Dec/Jan 2006/07 and would be grateful for some information regarding dive operators and accommodation available in the area. We have read the websites of both Tofo Scuba and Diversity Scuba and would much appreciate unbiased recommendations/reports from people who have dived with them in the past. Regarding accommodation, we’re looking for something located on the beach that is clean, well managed and close to the dive operators (not backbackers).

Thank you for your time in responding to this request.

Per

Hi

I dived with Tofo Scuba in Nov 2004 and found them to be good operators .

We stayed at Cassa Barry where Tofo Scuba are situated - if you go there try to get one of the cabins , not the Casitas .

Safe Diving

Andrew

I'm loving it that you are going to Tofo. I was there in 2003 and loved it. My friends in Cape Town say I wouldn't believe how Tofo has grown. When i was there it was all dirt roads, maybe 50-100 locals. I dove with Diversity and found them to be good operators. I went with 10-11 friends and so the boat was basically ours every day. I stayed at a hostel. It belonged to a woman named Fatima, place might be called Fatima's, who was great though the food was horrible. hell, all i needed was a tent and a bar (my friend actually ran a tab of 2 million whatever their currency was.

you are going to love the trip. if you want any more information check out this dive group, http://www.obzside.co.za/, it goes to Tofo all the time

Fatimas is a backpackers lodge - you get what you pay for . If you're happy with basic accomodation , go there by all means but I wouldn't recommend it .

Thanks for the advice guys! Sounds good having the boat to yourself, benefit of being a big group I guess. I'm sure Fatimas is a fun place but we're looking for something a bit more comfortable than a hostel.

We're now also looking at the area south of Tofo ( i.e. Guinjata Bay, Coconut Bay etc) any thoughts on this anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom