Tokoriki Island, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at Tokoriki, in the Mamanucas in Fiji? Is the diving any good around there (compared to elsewhere in Fiji)? How did you find the resort, food, privacy, etc? Is DiveTropex the only dive operator servicing the resort? Any other feedback?

Also, any other resorts to recommend for a scuba diving honyemooning couple? Looking for aound a 4 - 4.5 star resort (5 stars are out of our league).

I haven't stayed at Tokoriki, but was at a neighboring island, Matamanoa, last year and we went ashore on Tokoriki on a surface interval. The resort looked good and a couple I talked with briefly were pleased with it.
The diving in the Manamucas paled somewhat in comparison with Taveuni and Beqa Lagoon where I had stayed in the weeks preceding. The corals were not nearly as lush or colorful and the overall fish life just 'less'. On the plus side, it was very relaxed - which I really appreciated after the strong currents and strenuous return to boat efforts required at Taveuni.

Marland Bay Resort on Beqa has been my only experience in Fiji. Corals are the healthiest I've ever seen, soft corals in great abundance. Met up with a very large manta while there, that was pretty incredible. Tremendous shark diving, abundance of giant oyster. If you go, look up Frances. She is the daughter of the chief and will introduce you to some pretty amazing Fijian culture. The people of Fiji are some of the purest people you will ever meet in your life. It was quite an experience.
The Island offers a lot of privacy and tranquility, and some serious diving. Not a shopping meca, somewhat primitive. Take chocolate for the children, they don't see a lot of that, and if you have extra room in your luggage, school supplies are in great need there and greatly appreciated. Batteries are of great importance also, as electricity is provided by generators only. Take shoes you don't mind getting muddy and hike to the falls, it is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom