Tokyo Get Together for Zen Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mar Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
How about a get together to share a pint or two in Tokyo?

I'm thinking of a Wednesday, possibly August 25 or September 1, at a pub in Tokyo.

You can find Titan and myself lapping the Dog's Bollocks or other such nectar at the Hobgoblin's in Roppongi, or perhaps savoring a pint of Kilkenny at the Dubliner's in Shinjuku. A couple of weeks ago, Jagfish also joined us.

Anyone else interested in joining? Post a followup reply or send me a PM, and if there is enough interest, we can do it on an ongoing basis.

One of these days I will also get around to arranging monthly or even twice monthly dive drinks rotating at the local Tokyo pubs.

Say, you guys have a meeting and I'll bring a nice video of southern California marine critters to show. My future buddy lives in Tokyo!

Dr. Bill

Future buddy? Hmmm, wonder what that means. Does that mean your buddy lives in Tokyo? Or, you could find a buddy here?

First shout's on me.

Cheers,

I have been communicating with a Chinese diver who lives in Tokyo for about a year. We're planning to get together to dive. It may be in Japan (or Okinawa). Would be happy to bring a DVD or video presentation when I come out there. Have never dived Japanese waters... yet!

Dr. Bill

Did you have last night or is it the 1st? Obviously I didn't make it last night but could be up for it next week...

We have been successful at booking Chris Bangs for our guest speaker in the first of a lecture series.

My idea is to have a guest lecturer with their field of expertise on one subject for a 10-15 minute lecture complete with slideshow and then a short Q&A session in a very informal pub session.

Chris is an expert on diving in Guam and Micronesia, as well as an incredible underwater photographer as you can see by his gallery on scubaboard. I met Chris several years ago over a bowl of ramen. He spends half his time in Japan and half in Guam.

The date is set for September 29, 2004, Wednesday, venue will be decided when we know the schedule for Chris.

I would appreciate a PM if you are planning to attend.

Thanks,

but having just got back from India they're now saying I may have to go to HK end of September - less said about the wife's reaction the better!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom